Sunday, August 30, 2015

 Cracker Barrel
Country Store and Restaurant
 Multiple locations
Valley wide
There can be only one. To borrow a phrase from one of my favorite movies, hahahaha. Yes here it is fellow foodie's. The long awaited but not forgotten Cracker Barrel TDD Down low. It is with great patience and time consuming hours of pain staking research that I have had to perform over and over again with many plates of food from this absolutely Aroma Therapeutic Establishment that has finally brought me to this point of being abled to bring the following informative post to all my FFC's ( Fellow Food Connoisseurs). This place is a step above the rest. Firstly I must add that I love the fact that I live a mere two miles from a Cracker Barrel so I do maintain an on going relationship with this particular branch. So let's begin. Over the year the chain has become a fixed point in the food scene across America. It is as American as they come. It Store front not only represent the The way it was when I grew up, but in my opinion, the way it should be.
Rocking chairs on the front porch where my Grandfather Brown use to sit and smoke his pipe on Sunday evenings and My Mother cooking in the kitchen. With the smells of Cornbread and greens wafting from the back door and fried chicken and brown gravy bubbling hot ready to be poured over the hand whipped mashed potato's and,,,, Oops wait a moment it may seem like I got off track there but actually this is what happens when you visit a Cracker Barrel. From the moment you walk up and sit in a rocker to the second you enter and smell the magic from the kitchen it's will olfactory ( Nose) transport you to some place in your life when you enjoyed a good meal. The front is adorned with old-fashioned décor and gifts of all sorts that commemorate the season we're in. And food's and candies from the day's of youth and time for a moment, stands still. And then we are called back by the sweetest friendly staff, that have somehow managed to smile every single time I go in for a visit. That's when the real magic takes hold and you feel that sense of home. From Grit's to Green's, Chop's to Chicken, Fish to Fries, Casseroles to Cakes, they have it all.
 Well enough to handle the choosiest of the choosy. I have sat and enjoyed the food many times, but I also enjoy watching families come in to eat and they actually sit and talk and soak in each others company. So Cracker Barrel receives The Triple TDD rating for Service, Food, and family fun. The tables are set up in rows with enough space to navigate through and the ample dinning rooms have plenty of seating space for pulling out a chair to accommodate your Power or Wheel Chair. Back up front. The Country Store side is not a place for the novice power or Wheel Chair user. The space between the displays is only just enough to edge through for the most part. Though it's lots of fun to porous the isles. The Restrooms can be a bit tricky as well. The are usually in an alcove towards the back of the Country Store side. And the doors are not the easiest to get through unless your on Crutches or Cane. But I still give a good Rating for the helpful and friendly staff that assist you with even the largest mishaps of knocking something over. It's my Personal Thanksgiving and Christmas hangout.
Meet me for a game of giant checkers on the front porch next time your coming over. I'll have the sweet tea chilled.
Until then,
Markus The Disabled Diner, is going to take a nap now.
AYS       


No comments:

Post a Comment